(A two minute read or a lifetime of pondering)
Life is full of a questions and ideas. Some of them pass like the wind. Some fall to earth and become objects of curiosity for a time. A few of them grow into something I can write about.
Some parts of this short collection could appear later in more complete form. Or, they may pass like the wind. I can’t see from here.
They are offered for you to think about, write about, dream about or forget about. Freely they were given, so freely I give them away.
- Jesus is the new tree of the knowledge of good and evil. We eat of Him and it undoes that other one.
- Look at all the things the tree provides: Seed, fruit, sugar, shade, protection, beauty, heat. What else?
- The world: Based on a true story.
- “What if?” That is simultaneously the most wondrous and the most dangerous question in the world.
- We are, all of us, works in progress, but only if we keep our minds open to weigh all things carefully. Otherwise we are standing stones, casting a shadow, providing no light.
- Resentments are nothing more than bones chewed beyond nutrition or taste. Long after the taste is gone, the hater gnaws compulsively, not considering the worthlessness of his action.
- It’s easy to remember God loves me. It’s harder to remember that He died a brutal death to express it. Harder still is to accept that He did this because of his hatred for all the evil and sin in my life.